Be a part of the home of British art
Join as a patron and get a closer relationship to the collections, curators, and artists of Pallant House Gallery.
Patrons make a vital contribution to key projects, new exhibitions, and core running costs. Be a part of our exhibitions supporter circles, yearly art trips, and more.
Why support Pallant House Gallery?
Pallant House Gallery aims to be a centre of excellence for British Art.
Known as a ‘collection of collections’, the Gallery started when Bishop Walter Hussey bequeathed his array of British modernist works, from Henry Moore and Walter Sickert to John Piper and Graham Sutherland.
It has grown considerably since then, largely due to the support of patrons, collectors, funds and grants. With one of the largest and most significant collections of British art – from over 4000 prints, to ceramics, paintings and sculpture, including international works – Pallant House Gallery provides a dynamic and forward thinking exhibitions programme that involves British art like no other gallery.
With an upcoming capital project to expand the Gallery and an ambitious re-design, we need you to be a part of the Gallery now more than ever.
One of the most important galleries for British modern art in the country.
Why support Pallant House Gallery?
Fund exhibitions with our supporters’ circles
We couldn’t put on exhibitions without our supporters’ circles. Patrons are a vital part of bringing British Modern Art to the public – an exhibition can cost anything up to £130,000 and Patronages help make that possible.
Enable learning opportunities
Through the support of funders we are able to host a variety of practical and social learning programmes. From artist-led educational sessions to talks and symposiums, from school group visits to the Arts Awards programme; Patrons are key supporters of learning.
Help conserve works of art
Patron’s often take part in important conservation campaigns to help restore damaged or long-ignored works of art. In one recent example, money was raised to conserve Christopher Wood’s China Dogs in a St Ives Window, allowing us to rescue a deeply damaged work and bring it back to life.
Become a Patron today and help secure the future of British Modern art
Patronages are split into three tiers of giving, and offer the following benefits:
£1200 per year or £100 per month by Direct Debit (£500 actual value, £700 donation)
- Unlimited admission to the Gallery to view the Permanent Collection and temporary exhibitions for you and a family member
- Invitations to Private Views for you and a guest each new exhibition
- Invitations to private tours for new exhibitions
- Invitation to join the yearly Art Trips, with VIP access to private collections around the world (additional cost applies)
- Acknowledgement of support on the Gallery website unless you wish to remain anonymous
£2500 per year or £208.33 per month by Direct Debit (£700 actual value, £1800 donation)
- Exclusive access to the Gallery’s permanent Collection with private tour with a Curator or Conservator on a special subject of interest to you and your guests
- Private tours of our exhibitions
- Complimentary exhibition catalogue for our temporary exhibitions
- Invitation to Director’s Annual Lunch
£5000 per year or £416.66 per month by Direct Debit (£1000 actual value, £4000 donation)
- Acknowledgement of support on the gallery wall (unless you wish to remain anonymous)
- Education workshop provided by the Gallery’s Public Programmes team for a school group of your choice
- Priority booking and discount on private hire of the gallery spaces and the Pallant Restaurant, which can seat up to 50 guests
- Exhibition installation and insight tour looking into the work involved in displaying artworks
- Invite to the private view dinners
How does your support help?
£500 helps us buy artist materials for practical art workshops.
£5000 helps secure transport of artworks for one exhibition.
£10,000 a month keeps our lights on.
£130,000 allows us to mount an exhibition.