Children’s Workshop 12+ | Perfect Patterns and Super Symmetry
[ Children )
Learn the art of linocut printing as you create a 3D kaleidoscopic artwork.
Polyhedra are 3-D geometrical figures that have fascinated philosophers, mathematicians and artists for millennia.
Get inspired by the repeating patterns and symmetrical images in our print room exhibition, Anne Desmet: Kaleidoscope.
In the studio, create your own pattern design and learn how to translate and carve your design into a linocut block. Ink up and experiment by printing your block as a repeating pattern onto coloured papers that we will make into cut and folded three-dimensional geometric paper forms.
Please read through our Guide for Parents before attending the workshop.
- We ask that you attend the workshop in comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting messy
- Please provide a packed lunch and a bottle of water for your child
- All equipment will be provided and materials are included in the ticket price
- Staff are DBS checked by the Gallery prior to the workshop start date.
- Please ensure we have the correct contact information for you in case of any last minute changes.
- We may wish to use photographs you share of you, your child, or their artwork on our website or social media for marketing purposes. Please let us know, when sharing children’s work via email, if you do not consent to this usage
- We recommend this workshop for ages 7-11.
Cath Bristow is a Brighton based printmaker. She uses my printmaking practice to work in community engagement and outreach, facilitating printmaking
workshops across the South East with children, young people and adults within different community settings.