Children’s Workshop 7+ | Krazy Kaleidoscope Prints
[ Children )
Play with patterns and create your own kaleidoscopic print.
3-D geometrical figures have fascinated philosophers, mathematicians and artists for millennia.
Inspired by our print room exhibition, Anne Desmet: Kaleidoscope, have a go making your own perfect pattern then turn into a fantastic 3D shape.
In the studio, you’ll learn how to make a card cut printing block which you can use to make a personalised pattern. Ink up and experiment by printing your block as a repeating pattern onto coloured papers, which we will make into folded three-dimensional geometric paper forms.
Please read through our Guide for Parents before attending the workshop.
- We ask that you attend the workshop in comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting messy
- Please provide a packed lunch and a bottle of water for your child
- All equipment will be provided and materials are included in the ticket price
- Staff are DBS checked by the Gallery prior to the workshop start date.
- Please ensure we have the correct contact information for you in case of any last minute changes.
- We may wish to use photographs you share of you, your child, or their artwork on our website or social media for marketing purposes. Please let us know, when sharing children’s work via email, if you do not consent to this usage
- We recommend this workshop for ages 7-11.
Cath Bristow is a Brighton based printmaker. She uses my printmaking practice to work in community engagement and outreach, facilitating printmaking
workshops across the South East with children, young people and adults within different community settings.