Our temporary exhibitions range from significant retrospectives, thematic and group shows, print room displays and commissions for site specific work.
The exhibition programme is planned two years or more in advance with projects generated by our in-house curatorial team, by direct invitation to artists and curators and through collaboration with other institutions.
Further to this, exhibition proposals are accepted for consideration by our curatorial team and programming committee.
We welcome exhibition proposals relating to our collection of Modern British art and our mission to share and stimulate new thinking on British art from 1900 to now.
If you would like send an exhibition proposal this should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can only consider proposals that include the following:
- A brief synopsis referencing the key themes and ideas
- The number of works for inclusion
- Examples of key images in PDF format (approx 6-10)
- Timescale for realising the project
- Relevance of the exhibition to Pallant House Gallery
- Who would curate the exhibition – e.g. Pallant House Gallery or externally curated
- Outline for proposed accompanying publication
Owing to the large volume of proposals received, we will only be able to respond to those proposals which would be appropriate for our programmes. We will endeavour to respond to those proposals of suitability within two to three months and are grateful for your patience while we consider them. Please note that we cannot return publications or material sent to us.
We are not a commercial gallery, and therefore cannot represent artists or sell works on their behalf.